Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, Pakistan for administrative matters, the direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician in Karachi – and the Laboratory Supervisor for technical matters. The incumbent will be responsible for laboratory services delivery with respect to migration health assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Division in Karachi:
Laboratory Assistant (GS-3)
Salary: PKR. 50,000 to 60,000/Month.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Perform basic laboratory procedures as assigned by the Head of sub office/MHP for specimen collection, storage, examinations, shipment and ensure timely report delivery.
– Ensure standards and the quality of assigned laboratory procedures by strictly following the SOPs.
– Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the laboratory minding the safety of oneself and others.
– Ensure quality control activities for assigned station.
– Assist in maintenance of laboratory equipment (refrigerators, Centrifuges etc) as per SOPs.
– Assist laboratory supervisor in stock management by ensuring that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated work.
– Maintain the established system of organized record keeping.
– Assist in development of standard operation procedures as needed.
– Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the MHP/Laboratory Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
– Secondary school diploma in Medical Laboratory (Fsc MLT) from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience in a busy institution, preferably in a Medical laboratory.
– Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection for monitoring and continuous improvement of services and performance.
– Good awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optimal use of resources for quality and efficient services delivery.
Languages: Fluency in English and Urdu.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (F.Sc MLT) from an accredited academic institution. Urdu and any other local language.