Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of Assistant FAO Representative Administration (Administration) in Pakistan, the Human Resource Officer shall perform and be responsible for the below mentioned duties.
– Collect background information of the vacant positions and prepare terms of references for the professional and support staff positions in consultation with the Programme and Admin Units.
– Prepare PPRs and arrange announcement of vacancies.
– Assist in shortlisting candidates, process recruitment cases of International and national (NPP/PSA/CL) personnel. Participate in the interviews and conduct tests of candidates. Prepare selection reports.
– Correspond with the HR unit in the Regional Office on HR policies, seek guidance concerning all human resource matters requiring extensive reference to FAO Manuals on established practices and procedures, prepare correspondence and reports on these matters.
– Maintain complete and detailed personnel files of the staff.
– Answer queries on entitlements and personnel procedures, brief and debrief staff members in conjunction with Human Resource Management System. Investigate and resolve complex personnel queries and initiate follow-up actions.
– On own initiative or with minimum guidance, answer related correspondence and ensure that appropriate responses have been obtained.
– Assist management in performance appraisals of the staff
– Process medical claims for NPP/PSA personnel.
– Process UNLP issuance and renewals.
– Administer the online HRMS data base.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Education: Masters in Business / Public Administration or Masters in Human Resources
Minimum Experience: Experienced Professional, (Minimum 12 Years of experience in the field of HR).
– Masters/Equivalent professional qualification, 12 years of experience/ Professional degree in Human Resource.
– Working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset.
– Strong command over spoken and written English.
– Computer skills in Office Applications Including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
– Capability for planning, organizing and administering, on-the-job independent staff training, sessions.
– Having Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizationsâ administrative policies and procedures.
– Strong communication skills and strong spirit of teamwork.