The International Rescue Committee. Inc (IRC) is a Private International, nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict IRC under its USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) Is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the ‘Director Human Resources‘ position based in Islamabad.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Overall responsibilities also include developing and Implementing work plans on upcoming materials production efforts: regular progress monitoring and reporting, and maintaining productive relationships with counterparts in ministries, funders, partners and across Pakistan Reading Project.
Qualification & Skills:
– Graduate degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business.
– Advanced degree In Industrial Relations or Business a plus.
– 12 years Human Resources work of Increasing responsibility, preferably in service or education industry.
– Management skills to supervise a Human Resources Team of 25-30 employees and a Project staff of 750 staff in 7-locations.
– Minimum five years of experience in human resources and personnel.
– Thorough knowledge of Pakistan Labor Laws, Social Insurance and Personnel Benefit Packages.
– Experience in developing and ensuring implementation of systems, policies and procedures.
– Experience in performance appraisals and insurance claims.
– Track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives.
– Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred Excellent Interpersonal skills Proven record in negotiating diplomatically.
– Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes.
– Excellent communication skills in English and one Mother Tongue language.
– Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc) and willingness to become skilled using IRC software.
– Ability to travel 10% of the time.
– Good communicator with ability to work in an organizational environment involving a diversity of cultures / languages.
– Good facilitator and team player.
– Committed to staff training and development.
Interested candidates fulfilling the requirements can log on to: http://www.rescue.org/careers, or send their CVs to P.O. Box 1560. GPO Islamabad.
Note: IRC is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.