National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL)
Hiring of Consultant:
National Transmission & Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL) is a public sector power utility mandated to transmit electrical power from generating stations to distribution companies across the Country. NTDCL fulfils this obligation by operating and maintaining 500 / 220 KV Grid Stations and Transmission Lines. NTDCL is looking for a high caliber, experienced individual for being a Procurement Consultant of NTDCL on contract basis.
To the Board of Director NTDCL, Duration Initially one year (extendable on satisfactory performance).
Scope of Work Includes but not limited to:
– To develop Procurement Manual in the light of PPRA Rules, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) Guidelines, FIDIC and the guidelines of other donor agencies.
– To lead the procurement function and oversee all aspects of purchase, strategy, tool and process implementation for procurement related to goods and services.
– To develop standardized tools, practices and procedures for reducing evaluation time and decision making.
– To develop, implement and maintain procurement policies and review those on regular basis in compliance with internal and regulatory policies.
– To analyze the current procurement system, identify the needs of improvement and prepare high level plan to overcome the deficiencies.
– To prepare checklist for procurement cycle to improve transparency and efficiency of procurement system.
– To prepare equitable, transparent and uniform evaluation and qualification criteria and other provisions to bring standardization in procurement process.
– To make a strategy for improvement in contract management and to address the issues like extension of time, variations in contract amount and arbitration / litigations etc.
– Any other assignment entrusted by the BoD NTDCL.
Skills, Qualification & Experience:
– B.Sc / B.E (Electrical / Electronics) preferably with a degree in Finance / Law.
– Atleast twenty (20) years experience of handling and preparation of tender documents for projects in the electricity transmission sector, evaluation of bids, contract management etc.
– Up-to-date knowledge of relevant procedures, PPRA rules, FIDIC and familiarity with relevant processes of international financing agencies is essential.
– At least ten (10) years of leadership experience in procurement, setting procurement strategies, driving cost savings and improving terms and conditions.
– Self starter with excellent business / financial acumen, proficient working with cross-functional teams, including demonstrated motivation, influence, and the ability to drive change across all levels of the organization and geographical boundaries.
– Excellent negotiation skills
– Possess solid computer skills (proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience with an ERP system will be preferred.
Age: Not more than 55 years on the closing date of this advertisement.
Remuneration: Commensurate with the qualification and experience of the candidate.
Applications along with detailed CV, copies of testimonials and a recent passport size photograph should reach the following address on or before by 21St December, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. No TA / DA will be admissible for interview.
Company Name & Address:
General Manager (HR), National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL), 419-Wapda House, Lahore.