Brand Manager Lifebuoy Shampoo & CLEAR – (Job Number: 15000NJL)
Description: Position reports to Marketing Manager Hair Care.
Key Objectives of the Job:
– Meet Market Share ambition; grow consistently and profitably by driving key consumer metrics.
– Build equity & establish Lifebuoy Shampoo + CLEAR in their respective key need platforms in a highly competitive market.
– Deploy magical in-market brand experiences, on time in full, keeping consumers at the heart of all experiences.
– This is a diverse hair care portfolio with vastly differing jobs to be done and consumer profiles across both brands. For Lifebuoy Shampoo, the key challenge is to sustain growth momentum & improve equity in a focused manner. Innovations will have a key role to enable this in the future and you will be responsible for landing these on time in full. For Clear, the challenge is to leverage non-traditional mediums and connect with young adults, both males and females. Understanding & experience of digital platforms will be a key enabler for Clear to compete in the Anti-Dandruff segment.
– Lead innovation projects with cross functional teams to land projects on time in full.
– Manage portfolio P&L to drive profitable growth.
– Solid understanding of consumer and trade metrics – should be able to analyze and identify issues and opportunities.
– Work closely with brand development team feeding local inputs on the strategy, innovation plan and communication calendar.
– Micro manage key markets and channels and make an action plan accordingly.
– Work closely with media, outdoor and digital agencies on media plans.
– Brief & lead interaction with third parties/agencies for launches, events, activations.
– Should be flexible to travel and do regular market visits and consumer meets in order to stay closer to customer and consumer.
– Brand Development team, local cross-functional teams (Supply Chain, Media, Activation, Customer Marketing, Regulatory/Legal).
– Global/Regional Teams: Brand development, supply chain & regulatory teams.
External Contacts: Agencies and Third parties.
Core Skills Required:
– Good understanding of Pakistani media landscape & principles.
– Past experience in driving multiple projects & landing innovations.
– Robust understanding of P&L – key drivers of growth and profitability.
– Solid experience of deploying mobile and digital media is a huge advantage.
– Return On Marketing Investment Mindset – deploying budget effectively to achieve brand ambition, test & analyze mindset to understand what’s worked and what hasn’t.
– Beauty experience is a plus.
– Strong interpersonal skills – ability to influence key stakeholders.
– Growth Mindset – ability to find new opportunities.
– Strong bias for action – quick response plans to competitor moves or pre-empt competitor moves.
– Is highly energetic and passionate.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of core brand management experience, should have some experience of managing multiple tasks at one time.